Do you need competitively-priced, reliable insurance for a mobility scooter or motorised wheelchair? You've come to the right place.
We've been providing some of the best-value mobility scooter insurance cover for more than 30 years.
Our customers across the UK trust us to protect them from damage, theft or loss, whether they're in their home town or visiting the other side of the world.
Join us and should anything happen to you or your machine (including Motability scooters), we'll help you get moving again with the minimum of fuss and no hard feelings: if you have an accident, you won't have to pay the full cost, even if you're at fault.
Choose from three affordable options:
Public liability cover for only £32 a year. This includes compensation and costs for you and a carer or personal assistant of up to £2 million should you accidentally injure another person (including fatally) or damage their property while on your machine.
For £38 a year, we offer more comprehensive insurance for mobility scooters. This includes public liability protection and also insures you against loss, theft, and damage - both malicious and accidental.
We will cover:
- The cost of repairs up to £7000 or a replacement if your mobility scooter is damaged as the result of an accident, fire, or act of vandalism. (Theft and vandalism between 9pm and 6am are only covered if they are result of forcible and violent entry into a locked building or car.)
- A replacement if your scooter is under two years old and is written off, stolen or lost. The current market value if it is an older model.
- Passenger fares of up to £100 for you and one other person to get home safely, if your machine is stolen or damaged while you're out, up to £500 in one year. (Additional transportation of the damaged machine is not covered.)
- The cost of replacement keys in the event yours are damaged, lost or stolen.
- Up to £200 per claim for loss or damage to clothing or personal effects while using your vehicle.
- The cost of repairing any damage caused while playing sport, subject to an excess of £50. (Racing and pacemaking are not included.)
- Any loss or damage sustained abroad, including during air travel and airport handling.
- A payment of £7 per day after the first three days if you're left without a working machine following an accident or mechanical or electrical breakdown, up to 21 days.
- Compensation of £3000 to next of kin in the event of your accidental death.
For £115, we offer all the benefits of our Advance Gold policy, plus up to £1000 towards repairs if your machine breaks down after the first three months due to an electrical or mechanical fault. (Please note: this doesn't include routine replacement of parts or any period where your machine is under a manufacturer's or dealer's guarantee, and machines must be serviced by a reputable dealer every 12 months.)
Please see the table below to compare our insurance options at a glance or click "Get a Quote" to get started.